No more evening engagement that lasts past 8pm....
Last Sunday was at John & Liz's home for some much missed Zachary pizza. Getting there late (Thomas was napping till 6:15pm) was mistake #1. Because then it meant we wont' be able to finish the pizza and socialize and leave by 7:45pm.
So by the time we got home...and tried to get Thomas to sleep...it was 9:30pm and he didn't sleep until 10:30pm.
The result...a Monday to be remembered.
He ate 1/2 of his breakfast only. Then fussed.
He ate the 2nd half of his breakfast and started on his lunch...then stopped.
He finally took his usual 11am nap at 12:30pm instead.
He ate the 2nd half of his lunch at 3:15pm.
Then dinner started at 6pm and he only ate half o it.
No 2nd nap for today.
He fell asleep at 8pm...hard. Tired out.
But now as of 11:30pm..he's been up 30 minutes crying.
So....that is IT. Daddy has made a rule for his household. NOBODY stays out past 8pm...so if I leave at 7:30pm...it's not personal. It is just that I don't deal with a fussy Thomas very well.
Arg...
William
9 comments:
oh yeah he's still at it. 12:08am. This is a new frontier for Thomas. He's never been this upset in his short life.
So yeah, I'm pretty upset at this point. I don't care if I'm a party-pooper in the future. That's 2x now that I've messed with Thomas' routine and made me pay for it in terms of "anxiety stress." (First time was the trip down to LA for a wedding.)
I completely understand! Some people (whom I won't mention names) don't mind messing up with the naps/sleep routines. It becomes a BIG problem the rest of the day.
Next time, just leave, for the sake of the baby and your sanity! Everybody will understand. :-)
ok..let's all agree from now on...
lunches/brunches only...
dinner only if it starts at 5pm!
I'm so happy to have a sympathetic ear..tahnks liz!
let's see how thomas does tonight...
last night he cried for almost 1 hour... almost his longest ever (only one longer was when he was 2 wks old). this morning his diaper was completely dry when he woke up... poor poor little baby cried all of his moisture out.
so far thomas is doing ok tonight... finally back on track. it actually started going downhill last Thursday when i left at 8pm for a church meeting. he woke up at 8:10 and cried at the top of his lungs for 20 minutes while my poor MIL tried to console him. meanwhile william rushed through the last bit of painting thomas' room. when william finally took him off MIL's hands, he quieted almost right away. i guess Thomas wants mom or dad when it is bedtime... we are going to try to remedy that starting this week.
*sigh* at least thomas fell aslep with no incident today :)
We will have NO PROBLEM with any parent who needs to leave early due to kids' bedtimes! Yes, Vijay and I can sympathize how awful it can be. It takes almost a week to get back on track. I always feel a little rude when I tell childless couples that I need to leave for Sara's bedtime. A few of them have made comments that I'm letting the baby run my life. Well, yes, it'll have to be that way for a while. I need my sleep!
I think Thomas was complaining that you didn't let him have any Zachary's pizza.
Ditto w/Regina's comments... but I think one of the people who say the baby is running my life could be my significant other. UGH!
Btw, I didn't really wake Sara up for the Englander today. I saw a look of concern.. ^_^ She was actually up crawling around her crib after a short catnap. So I decided to pack her up for the outting. If she were still sleepy, she would have closed her eyes for a nap in the car. Her usual naptime is in the late afternoon.
oh no worries - we knew you would never wake her up from deep nap just to come eat lunch. sorry if I overdid the concerned look :) just saying it to say something. ha ha... my fault :)
Post a Comment