Monday, June 04, 2007

a new job

william has a new job! he started working for siemens in Fremont in October. since then he has not been happy with the commute (as many of you know). he has wanted to find a job closer to home but after sending his resume out in feb and mar, didn't have any luck. finally, a couple of his former Oracle co-workers gave him lead-ins at E-Loan and Robert Half Int., both in Pleasanton. funny thing is, as long as i have known william, God always makes him wait. ha ha.... not easy for william. he really expected a job offer back in mar or april, but God strung him along until just a week ago. all of a sudden, he had TWO job offers to pick from! on top of that, he got a raise. that's always nice too.
june 18th, he'll be back in pleasanton, working for my old company, Robert Half. it is a full time & temp staffing firm. i worked for them for 5 years before leaving to go into the clothing/mfg industry. best of all, it is only 2 miles from home! no more 1-2 hours/day on the road any more. plus he is very happy thursday lunches are back on at the pub in dublin... where the waitress knows them by name. :)

7 comments:

liz said...

Congrats William! I would love a 10 minute commute! Now you'll have more time with the family.

Happy Beginnings said...

Congratulations William! Was Siemens a good company to work for despite the commute? Johnny applied to a branch out here recently...

Anonymous said...

Vijay will be happy that his beer buddy is back.

catherine said...

yes - we'll have to go bust in on their beer parties... i mean lunches once in awhile :)

Anonymous said...

Yearly commute miles to Siemens: 13k
Yearly commute miles to RHI: 1.4k

I'm reducing my carbon footprint! Plus I can alternate between car and bicycles again.

But mainly, I'm back local so whenever the family needs me, I can be home within 10 minutes....

Anonymous said...

By the way, praise God for this blessing and yes I've learned yet another lesson in God's timing and not my own....

listgirl said...

Yay William! No more long commute! What a blessing!